Map of Hoghilag: Evangelical fortified curch

panoramic image for:Map of Hoghilag: Evangelical fortified curch

The first church of Hoghilag is attested in 1332. The bell tower was built in the 15th century. The church was fired in 1702 and 1724, after which the church was rebuilt between 1724-1730 and between 1828-1834 the tower was demolished and rebuilt. The surrounding wall and annexed buildings were demolished between 1893 and 1906. The altar was built in 1828 and completed in 1860. The organ was built by Samuel Metz in Biertan between 1812-1813. The great bell was cast in 1827, and the two smaller ones in 1927 and 1931.
The church is not accessible

Hoghilag, Evangelical church, Photo: Hermann Fabini

Hoghilag, Evangelical church, Photo: Hermann Fabini

Hoghilag, Evangelical church, Photo: Hermann Fabini

Hoghilag, Evangelical church, Photo: Hermann Fabini

Hoghilag, Evangelical church, Photo: Hermann Fabini

Hoghilag, Evangelical church, Photo: Hermann Fabini

Hoghilag, Evangelical church, Photo: Hermann Fabini

Hoghilag, Evangelical church, Photo: Hermann Fabini

Hoghilag, Evangelical church, Photo: Hermann Fabini

Hoghilag, Evangelical church, Photo: Hermann Fabini

Hoghilag, Evangelical church, Photo: Hermann Fabini

Hoghilag, Evangelical church, Photo: Hermann Fabini

Hoghilag, Evangelical church, Photo: Hermann Fabini

Hoghilag, Evangelical church, Photo: Hermann Fabini

Hoghilag, Evangelical church, Photo: Hermann Fabini

Hoghilag, Evangelical church, Photo: Hermann Fabini

Hoghilag, Evangelical church, Photo: Hermann Fabini

Hoghilag, Evangelical church, Photo: Hermann Fabini

Source: welcometoromania.ro

GPS: 46.22875N, 24.61018E

pag. 1
<
>

Map type

Map of Hoghilag: Evangelical fortified curch
Hoghilag: Evangelical fortified curch

Hoghilag: Evangelical fortified curch