Map of Hălmeag: Evangelical fortified church

panoramic image for:Map of Hălmeag: Evangelical fortified church

The Saxon settlement, with the castle, which probably stood on the grounds of the church, date back to 1211. The Hungarians moved in following the 1488 Turkish rade, which destroyed the village. The Hungarian Catholics living in a Saxon environment chose the Lutheran religion. The date of construction engraved on the wall of their fortress church, preserved in its original, is 1160-1190. Inside the butteressed church, the keystones of the groined vault's butteresses are embossed. Following the death of Queen Elisabeth a statue was erected on the grounds of the church. The statue is the work of Hargitai Nándor.

Feketehalom, Photo: Czika Tihamér

Feketehalom, Photo: Czika Tihamér

Feketehalom, Photo: Szabó Tibor

Feketehalom, Photo: Szabó Tibor

Feketehalom, Photo: Szabó Tibor

Feketehalom, Photo: Szabó Tibor

Feketehalom, Photo: Szabó Tibor

Feketehalom, Photo: Szabó Tibor

Feketehalom, Photo: Czika Tihamér

Feketehalom, Photo: Czika Tihamér

Feketehalom, Photo: Czika Tihamér

Feketehalom, Photo: Czika Tihamér

Feketehalom, Photo: Szabó Tibor

Feketehalom, Photo: Szabó Tibor

Feketehalom, Photo: Czika Tihamér

Feketehalom, Photo: Czika Tihamér

Feketehalom, Photo: Puskás Bajkó Gábor

Feketehalom, Photo: Puskás Bajkó Gábor

Feketehalom, Photo: Puskás Bajkó Gábor

Feketehalom, Photo: Puskás Bajkó Gábor

Feketehalom, Photo: Szabó Tibor

Feketehalom, Photo: Szabó Tibor

Feketehalom, Photo: Czika Tihamér

Feketehalom, Photo: Czika Tihamér

Feketehalom, Photo: Puskás Bajkó Gábor

Feketehalom, Photo: Puskás Bajkó Gábor

Feketehalom, Photo: Czika Tihamér

Feketehalom, Photo: Czika Tihamér

Source: welcometoromania.ro

GPS: 45.86573N, 25.13139E

pag. 1
<
>

Map type

Map of Hălmeag: Evangelical fortified church
Hălmeag: Evangelical fortified church

Hălmeag: Evangelical fortified church