Map of Şărmăşag

panoramic image for:Map of Şărmăşag

Sărmășag is documentary certified since 1355. It received the name from place's landlord Sarmasághy László. Probably, initially the locality was on the other side of Crasna and moved here after Tartars incursion. The inhabitants were the landlord's serfs. In 1887 when the railway reaches in the locality it represents an important moment in its history, Șărmășag coupling itself to the Ardeal's tumultuous life. In 1910 the first mine opens transforming the farmers in miners. In present the big deepness exploitation was stopped and the surface one is hardly living.
Sights

Șărmășag , Photo: WR

Șărmășag , Photo: WR

Șărmășag , Photo: WR

Șărmășag , Photo: WR

Șărmășag , Photo: WR

Șărmășag , Photo: WR

Șărmășag , Photo: WR

Șărmășag , Photo: WR

Șărmășag , Photo: WR

Șărmășag , Photo: WR

Șărmășag , Photo: WR

Șărmășag , Photo: WR

Șărmășag , Photo: WR

Șărmășag , Photo: WR

Șărmășag , Photo: WR

Șărmășag , Photo: WR

Șărmășag , Photo: WR

Șărmășag , Photo: WR

Șărmășag , Photo: WR

Șărmășag , Photo: WR

Șărmășag , Photo: WR

Șărmășag , Photo: WR

Șărmășag , Photo: WR

Șărmășag , Photo: WR

Șărmășag , Photo: WR

Șărmășag , Photo: WR

Source: welcometoromania.ro

GPS: N, E

pag. 1
<
>

Map type

Map of Şărmăşag
Şărmăşag: Kemény manor

Şărmăşag: Kemény manor

Şărmăşag: Ethnographic Museum

Şărmăşag: Ethnographic Museum

Şărmăşag: Catholic church

Şărmăşag: Catholic church

Şărmăşag: Reformed church

Şărmăşag: Reformed church

Şărmăşag

Şărmăşag