Map of Oradea: The Ursulina's Complex

panoramic image for:Map of Oradea: The Ursulina's Complex

The Order founded in the sixteenth century by Sf. Angela de Merici, with the purpose of educating young girls, sends her representatives to Oradea in the middle of the 17th century.
In 1765, the canon Szenczy István began the construction of the ursulin school, which was to extend between two streets. Also bought a house (kitchen area today) for the 6 nuns arriving in town. Their first church was a small wooden tower, built in 1733.
At that time the building was built in the corner of Moscow's street. The right side of the church was built in 1858 by Bishop Szaniszló Ferenc, and in 1877 the side of Moscovei Street. In 1905, shop windows on the ground floor were arranged. At that time the entrance gate near the church was closed. Her traces are still visible. At first the elementary school building functioned, with which in 1859 appeared normal school, then in high school girls in 1881 and transformed in 1890 into civil school and middle school girls in 1928. From 1948 she became Girls School No. 2, later No. 3, and from 1956 she turned into mixed school. 1972 High School Alexandru Moghioros are functioning here, and in 1985 introduced the first Romanian classes. Since 1990 he has become the only Hungarian language teaching school in the city and took over the name of the poet Ady Endre.
After the Communist years, the Order of the Ursulins regained the owner's right over the building where Ady Endre High School is still.

The Ursulina

The Ursulina's Complex, Oradea·, Photo: WR

The Ursulina

The Ursulina's Complex, Oradea·, Photo: WR

The Ursulina

The Ursulina's Complex, Oradea·, Photo: WR

The Ursulina

The Ursulina's Complex, Oradea·, Photo: WR

The Ursulina

The Ursulina's Complex, Oradea·, Photo: WR

The Ursulina

The Ursulina's Complex, Oradea·, Photo: WR

The Ursulina

The Ursulina's Complex, Oradea·, Photo: WR

The Ursulina

The Ursulina's Complex, Oradea·, Photo: WR

The Ursulina

The Ursulina's Complex, Oradea·, Photo: WR

The Ursulina

The Ursulina's Complex, Oradea·, Photo: WR

The Ursulina

The Ursulina's Complex, Oradea·, Photo: WR

The Ursulina

The Ursulina's Complex, Oradea·, Photo: WR

The Ursulina

The Ursulina's Complex, Oradea·, Photo: WR

The Ursulina

The Ursulina's Complex, Oradea·, Photo: WR

The Ursulina

The Ursulina's Complex, Oradea·, Photo: WR

The Ursulina

The Ursulina's Complex, Oradea·, Photo: WR

The Ursulina

The Ursulina's Complex, Oradea·, Photo: WR

The Ursulina

The Ursulina's Complex, Oradea·, Photo: WR

The Ursulina

The Ursulina's Complex, Oradea·, Photo: WR

The Ursulina

The Ursulina's Complex, Oradea·, Photo: WR

The Ursulina

The Ursulina's Complex, Oradea·, Photo: WR

The Ursulina

The Ursulina's Complex, Oradea·, Photo: WR

Source: welcometoromania.ro

GPS: N, E

pag. 1
<
>

Map type

Map of Oradea: The Ursulina's Complex
Oradea: The Scala Confectionery

Oradea: The Scala Confectionery

Oradea: PIHE hostel

Oradea: PIHE hostel

Oradea: The Reformed Church

Oradea: The Reformed Church

Oradea: The Evangelical Church

Oradea: The Evangelical Church

Oradea: The Greek Catholic Bishop Palace

Oradea: The Greek Catholic Bishop Palace

Oradea: Sf. Ierarh Nicolae grek-chatolic Church

Oradea: Sf. Ierarh Nicolae grek-chatolic Church

Oradea: The City Hall

Oradea: The City Hall

Oradea: The Union's Square

Oradea: The Union's Square

Oradea: St Ladislau church

Oradea: St Ladislau church

Oradea: Church with Moon

Oradea: Church with Moon

Oradea: Detsch house

Oradea: Detsch house

Oradea: The Black Eagle Palace

Oradea: The Black Eagle Palace

Oradea: The Astoria Hotel

Oradea: The Astoria Hotel

Oradea: The Poinar Palace

Oradea: The Poinar Palace

Oradea: Adorjan house II

Oradea: Adorjan house II

Oradea: The Theatre

Oradea: The Theatre

Oradea: Adorjan house I

Oradea: Adorjan house I

Dance: Nagyvárad folk ensemble - Oradea

Dance: Nagyvárad folk ensemble - Oradea

Oradea: The Church of the Premonstatense Order

Oradea: The Church of the Premonstatense Order

Oradea: The Bazar

Oradea: The Bazar

Oradea: The Monastery of the Capucin Order

Oradea: The Monastery of the Capucin Order

Oradea: The Ursulina's Complex

Oradea: The Ursulina's Complex

Oradea: The Ursulina's church

Oradea: The Ursulina's church

Oradea: The Orthodox Synagogues

Oradea: The Orthodox Synagogues

Oradea: Vila Okányi-Schwartz

Oradea: Vila Okányi-Schwartz

Oradea: The Zion Neological Synagogue

Oradea: The Zion Neological Synagogue

Oradea: The Ulmann Palace

Oradea: The Ulmann Palace

Oradea: Vila Fuchsl

Oradea: Vila Fuchsl

Oradea: The Orthodox Bishop palace

Oradea: The Orthodox Bishop palace

Oradea: Stern palace

Oradea: Stern palace

Oradea: Rimanoczy palace

Oradea: Rimanoczy palace

Oradea: Restaurant Bridge

Oradea: Restaurant Bridge

Oradea: Hotel Maxim

Oradea: Hotel Maxim

Oradea: The Apollo Palace

Oradea: The Apollo Palace

Oradea: The Moskovits Palace

Oradea: The Moskovits Palace

Oradea: The Ady Memorial museum

Oradea: The Ady Memorial museum

Oradea: The Tribunal

Oradea: The Tribunal

Oradea: The medical Faculty

Oradea: The medical Faculty

Oradea: The Minerva Confectionery

Oradea: The Minerva Confectionery

Oradea: The Selena Luna saloon

Oradea: The Selena Luna saloon

Dance: Nuntaşii Bihorului folk ensemble - Oradea

Dance: Nuntaşii Bihorului folk ensemble - Oradea

Oradea: The Olosig Roman-Catholic church

Oradea: The Olosig Roman-Catholic church

Oradea: Restaurant Underground

Oradea: Restaurant Underground

Oradea: The Holy Trinity Orthodox Church

Oradea: The Holy Trinity Orthodox Church

Oradea: Hotel Carnival

Oradea: Hotel Carnival

Oradea: Church of the Order of Mercy

Oradea: Church of the Order of Mercy

Oradea: The Palace of Public Finances

Oradea: The Palace of Public Finances

Oradea: Restaurant Royal

Oradea: Restaurant Royal

Oradea: The Fortress

Oradea: The Fortress

Oradea: Hotel Elite

Oradea: Hotel Elite

Oradea: Inn Góbé

Oradea: Inn Góbé