Map of Braşov: The county library

panoramic image for:Map of Braşov: The county library

First it was the library of the Evangelical church that was transformed into public library. The town bought books as early as 1533. Janus Honter played an important role in developing the library, he also made the operation rules. The library was open all day but the books could not be taken away. Donations made the library richer but everything burnt down in the fire. The first public library after the fire was established in 1835 by Casinei române, the club of the wealthy Romanian merchants. In 1861 the books were taken to the Astra library, which founded the Dr. Alexandru Bogdan library in the Baiulescu house in 1930. In 1969 the county library moved into the building occupied till then by the chambers of commerce and industry. This construction was erected in between 1926-1928. Since 1992 it is known as George Barițiu library.

The county library, Photo: Andrei Modrișan

The county library, Photo: Andrei Modrișan

The county library, Photo: Andrei Modrișan

The county library, Photo: Andrei Modrișan

The county library, Photo: Daniel Stoica

The county library, Photo: Daniel Stoica

The county library, Photo: County library

The county library, Photo: County library

The county library, Photo: County library

The county library, Photo: County library

The county library, Photo: County library

The county library, Photo: County library

The county library, Photo: County library

The county library, Photo: County library

The county library, Photo: County library

The county library, Photo: County library

The county library, Photo: County library

The county library, Photo: County library

The county library, Photo: County library

The county library, Photo: County library

The county library, Photo: County library

The county library, Photo: County library

The county library, Photo: County library

The county library, Photo: County library

Source: welcometoromania.ro

GPS: 45.64570N, 25.58712E

pag. 1
<
>

Map type

Map of Braşov: The county library
Braşov: The Orthodox Synagogue

Braşov: The Orthodox Synagogue

Braşov: Schei gate

Braşov: Schei gate

Braşov: Neolog synagogue

Braşov: Neolog synagogue

Braşov: Rope makers' Bastion

Braşov: Rope makers' Bastion

Braşov: Rope street

Braşov: Rope street

Braşov: Katalin gate

Braşov: Katalin gate

Braşov: The Honterus schools

Braşov: The Honterus schools

Braşov: Blacksmiths' Bastion

Braşov: Blacksmiths' Bastion

Braşov: Redut house

Braşov: Redut house

Braşov: The Black Church

Braşov: The Black Church

Braşov: The Black tower

Braşov: The Black tower

Braşov: The Merchants' House, or Hirscher house

Braşov: The Merchants' House, or Hirscher house

Braşov: Holy Trinity church

Braşov: Holy Trinity church

Braşov: The Honterus house

Braşov: The Honterus house

Braşov: The Council square

Braşov: The Council square

Braşov: Draper Bastion

Braşov: Draper Bastion

Braşov: The Consil house

Braşov: The Consil house

Braşov: The house of the Mureseanus

Braşov: The house of the Mureseanus

Braşov: Furriers' Bastion

Braşov: Furriers' Bastion

Braşov: Bastion Graft

Braşov: Bastion Graft

Braşov: The White tower

Braşov: The White tower

Braşov: Sf. Adormire Orthodox Church

Braşov: Sf. Adormire Orthodox Church

Braşov: Saint John Church

Braşov: Saint John Church

Braşov: Palace of Justice

Braşov: Palace of Justice

Braşov: The Catholic Church

Braşov: The Catholic Church

Braşov: Gallery- Art museum

Braşov: Gallery- Art museum

Braşov: Folk museum

Braşov: Folk museum

Braşov: The county library

Braşov: The county library

Braşov: The theater

Braşov: The theater

Braşov: Citadel, Brasov Fortress

Braşov: Citadel, Brasov Fortress

Braşov: Saint Martin church

Braşov: Saint Martin church