Map of Braşov: The Catholic Church

panoramic image for:Map of Braşov: The Catholic Church

The only baroque monument in town was built betwen 1773-1787 with the aid of empress Maria Theresa, in the place of the cherubic monastery, following the plans of József Károly Lamanch. The main altar is carved and gilded, the six side altars are also adorned with statues and paintings. The church guards the statues of Saint Peter, Saint Paul, Saint Ann and Saint Anthony of Padua. The organ was built in Timisoara in the inter-bellum period. The painted glass was made in Budapest between 1891-1894. The church has several beautiful carpets and 14 paintings illustrating the Stations of the Cross. The monumental cross at the entrance was erected in 1782. The church founded the Roman Catholic Gymnasium in 1840.

The Catholic Church, Brașov·, Photo: Daniel Stoica

The Catholic Church, Brașov·, Photo: Daniel Stoica

The Catholic Church, Brașov·, Photo: Karácsonyi Attila

The Catholic Church, Brașov·, Photo: Karácsonyi Attila

The Catholic Church, Brașov·, Photo: Karácsonyi Attila

The Catholic Church, Brașov·, Photo: Karácsonyi Attila

The Catholic Church, Brașov·, Photo: Karácsonyi Attila

The Catholic Church, Brașov·, Photo: Karácsonyi Attila

The Catholic Church, Brașov·, Photo: Miruna Costache

The Catholic Church, Brașov·, Photo: Miruna Costache

The Catholic Church, Brașov·, Photo: Miruna Costache

The Catholic Church, Brașov·, Photo: Miruna Costache

The Catholic Church, Brașov·, Photo: Miruna Costache

The Catholic Church, Brașov·, Photo: Miruna Costache

The Catholic Church, Brașov·, Photo: Karácsonyi Attila

The Catholic Church, Brașov·, Photo: Karácsonyi Attila

The Catholic Church, Brașov·, Photo: Miruna Costache

The Catholic Church, Brașov·, Photo: Miruna Costache

The Catholic Church, Brașov·, Photo: Miruna Costache

The Catholic Church, Brașov·, Photo: Miruna Costache

Source: welcometoromania.ro

GPS: 45.64455N, 25.58900E

pag. 1
<
>

Map type

Map of Braşov: The Catholic Church
Braşov: Groaveri Orthodox Church

Braşov: Groaveri Orthodox Church

Braşov: Weavers' Bastion

Braşov: Weavers' Bastion

Braşov: The Orthodox Synagogue

Braşov: The Orthodox Synagogue

Braşov: Schei gate

Braşov: Schei gate

Braşov: Neolog synagogue

Braşov: Neolog synagogue

Braşov: Rope makers' Bastion

Braşov: Rope makers' Bastion

Braşov: Rope street

Braşov: Rope street

Braşov: Katalin gate

Braşov: Katalin gate

Braşov: The Honterus schools

Braşov: The Honterus schools

Braşov: Blacksmiths' Bastion

Braşov: Blacksmiths' Bastion

Braşov: Redut house

Braşov: Redut house

Braşov: The Black Church

Braşov: The Black Church

Braşov: The Black tower

Braşov: The Black tower

Braşov: The Merchants' House, or Hirscher house

Braşov: The Merchants' House, or Hirscher house

Braşov: Holy Trinity church

Braşov: Holy Trinity church

Braşov: The Honterus house

Braşov: The Honterus house

Braşov: The Council square

Braşov: The Council square

Braşov: Draper Bastion

Braşov: Draper Bastion

Braşov: The Consil house

Braşov: The Consil house

Braşov: The house of the Mureseanus

Braşov: The house of the Mureseanus

Braşov: Furriers' Bastion

Braşov: Furriers' Bastion

Braşov: Bastion Graft

Braşov: Bastion Graft

Braşov: The White tower

Braşov: The White tower

Braşov: Sf. Adormire Orthodox Church

Braşov: Sf. Adormire Orthodox Church

Braşov: Saint John Church

Braşov: Saint John Church

Braşov: Palace of Justice

Braşov: Palace of Justice

Braşov: The Catholic Church

Braşov: The Catholic Church

Braşov: Gallery- Art museum

Braşov: Gallery- Art museum

Braşov: Folk museum

Braşov: Folk museum

Braşov: The county library

Braşov: The county library

Braşov: The theater

Braşov: The theater

Braşov: Citadel, Brasov Fortress

Braşov: Citadel, Brasov Fortress

Braşov: Saint Martin church

Braşov: Saint Martin church