Map of Braşov: The theater

panoramic image for:Map of Braşov: The theater

The first plays performed in town were staged by the Dominican order in 1500. In 1542 János Honterus implemented plays in the evangelical schools. The continuity of the Saxon theatre life was aided by the early opening of the stone theater were the theatre companies from Cluj-Napoca also performed. In 1946 the Romanian theatre company was founded and later on it became the National Theater. In 1959 they moved to the present theater. Thanks to director Alexandrescu Sică in 1968 the company adopted the Drama Theater name which in 1994 changed to Alexandrescu Sică in remebreance of him. In 1989 the theater's puppet section evolved and formed the Arlechino puppet-show. The theater has two showrooms, the assembly room with 750 seats and the studio room with 60.

The theater, Photo: Adrian Modrișan

The theater, Photo: Adrian Modrișan

The theater, Photo: Adrian Modrișan

The theater, Photo: Adrian Modrișan

The theater, Photo: Alexandru Cociu

The theater, Photo: Alexandru Cociu

The theater, Photo: Theatre Brașov

The theater, Photo: Theatre Brașov

The theater, Photo: Alexandru Cociu

The theater, Photo: Alexandru Cociu

The theater, Photo: Theatre Brașov

The theater, Photo: Theatre Brașov

The theater, Photo: Theatre Brașov

The theater, Photo: Theatre Brașov

The theater, Photo: Theatre Brașov

The theater, Photo: Theatre Brașov

The theater, Photo: Theatre Brașov

The theater, Photo: Theatre Brașov

The theater, Photo: Theatre Brașov

The theater, Photo: Theatre Brașov

The theater, Photo: Theatre Brașov

The theater, Photo: Theatre Brașov

The theater, Photo: Theatre Brașov

The theater, Photo: Theatre Brașov

Source: welcometoromania.ro

GPS: 45.64608N, 25.59833E

pag. 1
<
>

Map type

Map of Braşov: The theater
Braşov: The Orthodox Synagogue

Braşov: The Orthodox Synagogue

Braşov: Schei gate

Braşov: Schei gate

Braşov: Neolog synagogue

Braşov: Neolog synagogue

Braşov: Rope makers' Bastion

Braşov: Rope makers' Bastion

Braşov: Rope street

Braşov: Rope street

Braşov: Katalin gate

Braşov: Katalin gate

Braşov: The Honterus schools

Braşov: The Honterus schools

Braşov: Blacksmiths' Bastion

Braşov: Blacksmiths' Bastion

Braşov: Redut house

Braşov: Redut house

Braşov: The Black Church

Braşov: The Black Church

Braşov: The Black tower

Braşov: The Black tower

Braşov: The Merchants' House, or Hirscher house

Braşov: The Merchants' House, or Hirscher house

Braşov: Holy Trinity church

Braşov: Holy Trinity church

Braşov: The Honterus house

Braşov: The Honterus house

Braşov: The Council square

Braşov: The Council square

Braşov: Draper Bastion

Braşov: Draper Bastion

Braşov: The Consil house

Braşov: The Consil house

Braşov: The house of the Mureseanus

Braşov: The house of the Mureseanus

Braşov: Furriers' Bastion

Braşov: Furriers' Bastion

Braşov: Bastion Graft

Braşov: Bastion Graft

Braşov: The White tower

Braşov: The White tower

Braşov: Sf. Adormire Orthodox Church

Braşov: Sf. Adormire Orthodox Church

Braşov: Saint John Church

Braşov: Saint John Church

Braşov: Palace of Justice

Braşov: Palace of Justice

Braşov: The Catholic Church

Braşov: The Catholic Church

Braşov: Gallery- Art museum

Braşov: Gallery- Art museum

Braşov: Folk museum

Braşov: Folk museum

Braşov: The county library

Braşov: The county library

Braşov: The theater

Braşov: The theater

Braşov: Citadel, Brasov Fortress

Braşov: Citadel, Brasov Fortress

Braşov: Saint Martin church

Braşov: Saint Martin church